Ultimate Gondola Shelving Guide
What is a Gondola Shelving System?
Gondola Shelving is a cost effective and sturdy, free standing, metal shelving system, which will adapt to whatever space you have and whatever industry you are in. We have double, single sided and corner gondolas in varying heights and widths. There are various options to maximise your space and display your merchandise in the best way for you and/or your customers.
What are the benefits?
Measuring Your Space
When measuring an entire room, take into consideration fixed items such as; doorways, windows, fire extinguishers, fire alarms, access to power points, ceiling height. Also consider space in aisles to allow free flow of customers and potentially trolleys. Allow extra space around your register for customers to queue. If possible, draw a floorplan to help visualise the space you have. You can draw a very accurate plan which you can play around with using Smart Draw, click below.
The Starter Bay can be used on its own as a stand alone unit or it is used as the first bay in a row of gondola shelves.
Add On Bay
The Add On Bay is designed to fix to a Starter Bay. You can add several of these onto a Starter Bay to create a row of shelves. These cannot be used without a Starter Bay.
Gondola Shelving Measurements
The gondola bay is measured from the floor to the top of the gondola. It has screw feet which allow an extra 50mm to allow for an uneven floor. The base shelf depth is measured from the back panel to the front edge of the shelf.
How To Plan A Shop Shelving System
Before Ordering Your Shelving
- What colour shelving would you like? (white, black, hammertone)
- Do you require double or single sided bays? Or a mixture of both?
- What height do you require? (take into consideration that you may want to add signage on top of the bay)
- How deep do you want the base shelf to be?
- How many upper shelves do you require and what size?
- Can a mix of 900mm and 600mm bays be used to make up the total space?
- Do you have a floorplan? (see above)
- Do you require data strips and hooks?
Shop Supplies Experience
You will speak to someone who has knowledge of our products and can talk you through any questions you may have. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and commitment to customer satisfaction. We are confident that you will find our products are of the highest quality and are built to last many years of wear and tear in your store.
Gondola Shelving FAQs
- First, you need your floor plan, if you don’t have one, take the measurements of your space and draw out a floor plan, or use https://www.smartdraw.com/floor-plan/examples/
- Then, visit the Shop Supplies website and have a look at the online catalogue to see what gondola bays you would like and double check they will fit into your space.
- Yes you do, brackets come separately, you need to make sure the depth of the bracket is the same as the depth of the shelf you have chosen.
Once we have received your order, we will check stock levels and your location and advise you when you should expect to receive your delivery.
- You receive the back panels, base shelf and posts, if you require extra shelving or hooks or accessories etc, they need to be purchased in addition.
- This would depend on the size and layout of your store. A single bay generally goes against a wall and has one side to hang your shelves/hooks onto, a double bay has two sides and would go in the centre of your store. You can also use single bays at the end of a double bay for special offers, for example. In addition to these, there are corner bays which you can use with wall bays to create a 90 degree corner.
600mm , 900mm & 1200mm widths
1500mm, 1800mm & 2100mm heights plus extension options; 300mm, 600mm and 900mm
1500mm is the most common height, so customers/staff can look over the top to other aisles. We recommend whichever height works for your space, taking into account any additional sign holders you want to add on top.
There is no maximum length as you can use Add On bays, to make the run as long as you need.
This depends on the height of the bay and type of merchandise that will go on the shelf.
Our gondolas are supplied with hard wearing Interpon Akzo Nobel powder coat for a great, hard wearing and long lasting finish. Easy to assemble.
We offer a 12 month manufacturers/replacement warranty against faulty goods when they are delivered, (but do not warrant against improper use over time or anything not installed by us.)
Shop Our Shelving & Accessories Range
Cool Room Shelving5 Products
Double Sided Gondola Shelving2 Products
Gondola Accessories39 Products
Gondola Shelving Parts32 Products
Gridmesh Panel4 Products
Multiglide Shelving Dividers3 Products
Narrow Bays12 Products
Retail Sign Frames9 Products
Single Sided Gondola Shelving2 Products
Wire & Metal Shelving20 Products
What our customers say
Kristen FraserStore Owner
Shop Supplies' customer service is really very good. As a business client whenever we contact them, they are always there to help us with pricing and technical solutions. They always try to supply products at our factory on time.
iWoo Hoo Pty LtdOwner
Very pleasantly surprised at the quality of their gondola shelving for the price. We were very happy with the service and our showroom looks great. Thanks!
From the very first phone call, they could not have been more helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and they had a number of solutions up their sleeve for our varied requirements. If I ever needed to arrange shelving again, I would definitely use Shop Supplies.